Clearloop is a renewable energy accelerator that amplifies the power of brands by turning everyday purchases into clean energy. Clearloop is the first solar offset company in the U.S. and helps companies “reclaim” their carbon emissions with new solar projects—providing companies a simple, tech-forward, transparent, and permanent way to clear the carbon from our electricity grid.
Companies that sign up with Clearloop certify that their products and services have a 100% reclaimed carbon footprint™. With Clearloop, companies take out of the atmosphere any carbon they put into it by building new solar projects. These solar projects replace dirty electricity in communities across the U.S. that are getting left behind.
Many companies want to take responsibility for their carbon footprint by building new clean energy projects to offset their environmental impact, but it’s hard, confusing, and expensive. Plus, there’s often lots of paperwork to figure out and it’s difficult to know whether the impact is real.
Clearloop is here to simplify the process—making it easy for companies to replace the dirty electricity grid that pollutes our air while amplifying their brands with a clear and tangible purpose: expanding access to clean energy in the places that need it the most across the United States.
How Clearloop Works:
1. Measure: Using a standard and well-understood methodology, companies measure the carbon footprint of the products, services, or operations they want to offset— whether it’s a pair of shoes, their franchise locations, or business travel.
2. Reclaim: Companies pay a fee to offset their individual carbon footprint and build new solar capacity—measured in watts—in a community in the United States that would otherwise not have access to clean energy. The dirtier the grid, the cheaper it is for a company to reclaim their footprint.
a. 1 million watts (1MW) powers approximately 200 U.S homes with clean energy.
3. Track: Companies will be able to track their individual contribution and loop in their customers to crowdfund their branded solar project.
What Companies Get:
- Reclaim your carbon footprint today and provide clean energy for a lifetime: You’re not just offering to offset corporate footprints, you’re building new solar projects that will permanently clear the carbon out of the U.S electricity grid by replacing fossil fuels with clean energy for at least the next 30 years.
- Invest in the well-being of American communities getting left behind: Expand access to clean energy in the American communities where your employees and customers live and work.
- Easy and convenient to engage customers and pay as you go: Reclaim your emissions footprint by footprint—instead of signing years-long, risky contracts to purchase energy.
- Attack the biggest source of emissions with clean energy: Build new solar projects in the U.S. instead of buying RECs (renewable energy credits) that only reach 5% of your emissions (scope 2).
- Accountability in corporate action and tangible consumer results: Track individual investments and receive progress updates to show transparency and build loyalty with customers.
Who We Are
Clearloop was founded by three Tennesseans—including former governor Phil Bredesen—who want to make sure that the innovation and benefits of clean energy reach all communities around our country equally—starting with the communities in our own backyard that are getting left behind. After years in government, politics, and business, we fundamentally believe that we cannot wait for others to act. We built Clearloop for brands that want to reclaim their carbon footprint and expand access to clean energy by building new solar projects in the Unites States.